GIIS (Global Indian International School) is a leading CBSE school in the global educational sector. It offers a wide range of opportunities for students of class 1 to 12 and has a well-designed Montessori pattern for pre-primary students. This co-ed school provides a lot of scholarship programs for students under its Global School Foundation (GSF) program.
One of the most popular scholarships by GIIS is the Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship. This scholarship is especially for those students who have a keen interest in science and want to excel in this field.
The first thing that you need to know and understand before applying for the scholarship is the eligibility.
Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship is applicable for students of class 6 to 10 in all the GIIS branches, but in the GIIS Hadapsar campus, Pune, only students of class 6 to 8 can apply for this scholarship.
This one-year long scholarship differentiated into three categories, which are A, B, and C. The categorization is based on the required criteria and scholarship amount. To apply for this scholarship, the students must fall under any of the three categories-
- The first is category A. The students selected in this category get a discount of 20% on their tuition fee for one year. To apply for this scholarship, they must secure a national rank among the top ten students in the Olympiads conducted by SOF, STEM, or Robotics Olympiad, or must secure National 1st, 2nd, or 3rd position in the annual National Children’s Science Congress.
- The second category is B. The students must have a national rank among the top twenty students in the Olympiad, conducted by SOF, STEM or Robotics Olympiad, or state 1st, 2nd, or 3rd position in the annual National Children’s Science Congress or must be a part of the 1st ranking team in the ISRO Space Quiz or National Space Settlement (NSS). The selected students get a waiver of 15% from their tuition fees.
- The final category is C. These students get a scholarship worth 10% discount on their annual tuition fees. The students must fulfill any of the four criteria to get the scholarship: National rank among the top thirty students in any of the Olympiad, conducted by SOF, STEM or Robotics Olympiad, their name should be in the top ten at any of the National or International Competition organized by the leading IT companies like Microsoft and Google. Google Science Fair is the most preferable among them; top ten rank at the State, National or International level in the Robot Olympiad; must be a part of the 2nd ranking team in the ISRO Space Quiz, National Space Settlement (NSS).
How to Apply?
Applying for this scholarship is simple. Here’s how you can do it:
- Students must fill the application form and submit it with valid documents. The forms are available online on the GIIS website.
- Each school selects its students and the students must study in GIIS for a year after getting the scholarship.
- The applicant must have written a paper, thesis, published paper, or document or should have invented a tool or gadget in fields related to science, like app making, Artificial Intelligence, or Virtual Reality.
- The students must be ready to take up an examination and a ‘face-to-face’ interview. They should present their academic reports of the past two years.
Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship is a great opportunity for all science and technology enthusiasts. By using this scholarship, students can learn and explore more. If you meet any of the given criteria, you must apply for this scholarship and brighten your future.