Relaxing beside the sea and soaking up the sun, enjoying the fun of boating and water sports, walking on the beachfeeling the sand beneath your feet, having a glass of juice on the beach and relaxing on a sun lounger, etc, are some activities that people expect to enjoy while holidaying at some beach. But going for holidays at a beach goes far beyond this and is not limited to enjoying these activities only, there are various other activities which goes towards making your holidays as memorable as possible. If you’re not already convinced, then this blog is sure to remove all doubts about holidaying at a beachside location. There are lots of family-friendly activities on offer that you can enjoy or more exhilarating pastimes if you’re holidaying with friends.
- Searching for sea shells: Beaches are mainly recognized for the abundance of sea shells, especially the children are crazy about them and proudly show them to their friends. Whilst this activity although is not everyone’s idea of fun, if you are accompanying your children when collecting the shells, you will not only have the pleasure ofplaying with your children but it is also a perfect bonding opportunity. One thing which needs to be mentioned here more importantly, is to make sure that the shells which you have collected have no animals inside, also do not forget clean the shells after reaching back to your hotel. One more thing that you should keep in mind is that there are lots of beaches which prohibit the collection of shells, therefore make sure you check prior to your visit to ensure maximum enjoyment and avoid disappointment.
- Building Sand Castles: Building sand castles is a group activity enjoyed by all from a very young age. Whether you spend hours creating a masterpiece, or just spend a few minutes competing with your kids, it is a simple source of classic holiday fun – All you need is sand and water! Fortunately the beach has plenty of both these materials, so equipment should be no trouble to come by and you can look forward to creating memories with your children which last a lifetime.
- Fishing: Fishing is also one of the best activities to enjoy a beach holiday. You can find the local vendors selling fishing equipment or offering equipment rental services for guests to try their hand at the sport. If you’re visiting Paxos one of the Ionian Islands, then you will easily find a large selection of Villas in Paxos that provide fishing equipment to guests on request. Despite a lot of beaches often restricting the practice of fishing, this particular Greek location does not fall within this category which many beaches across Paxos are encouraging this activity.
- Reading a book or listening music: If you’re travelling solo to this Ionian haven, or any other holiday destination for that matter, one of the most popular pastimes for book lovers is to enjoy reading beside the glistening water. If you have a book that you’ve been meaning to read but just haven’t found the time, this is the perfect opportunity to pick it up and get lost in the world of fiction. If reading isn’t for you, listening to music is one of the most popular ways to wind down and relax no matter where you are in the world. Just always remember to apply sunscreen before settling down for an afternoon in the sun to protect your skin from the UV rays which intensify during the summer months!
- Playing games: Whilst many people will venture away from their accommodation to make the most of their trip, fortunately for those who holiday in Paxos, many of the Paxos villas offer facilities to enjoy the fresh air right on your doorstep! From playing tennis in the court located in the hub of the resort, to water polo, stand up surf and many more depending on your preference.
- Watching the beauty of sunrise and sunset: Although, nowadays, every city throughout the world has a place to enjoy the view of sunrise and sunset, but still the pleasure of watching one of nature’s most beautiful creations from the beach has a unique pleasure that all must experience at least once. Enjoying the sunrise or sunset from the shore give the impression of the sun coming out from the sea during the morning and returning to the sea in the evening.
Besides, these activities, there are lots of activities, like shopping in the local market, visiting popular tourist attractions, enjoying the taste of traditional local cuisines, and many more that you can enjoy during your holidays at the beach.