The grand Mercedes-Benz GLS class vehicles are renowned for combining the exceptional assurance and poise of an SUV with the premium comfort and luxury of an S-Class car. The Mercedes Benz brand unveiled its third-gen GLS some time back at the 2019 New York Motor Show. This brand new GLS vehicle is bigger than its predecessor, which was launched way back in the year of 2013. This vehicle has a length of 5207 mm and has a width of 1956 mm. It is 22 mm wider and 77 mm longer than its prior model. This Mercedes-Benz GLS car additionally boasts of a wheelbase of 3135 mm, which is 60 mm longer than its second-gen variant that is currently on sale in India. Similar to various popular Mercedes cars, this SUV also boasts of having a host of exceptional features like five-zone climate control system, panoramic sunroof, and electrically adjustable seats.
Features and specifications of the brand new Mercedes-Benz GLS
- The new Mercedes GLS cars are available in a choice of diesel and petrol engines. The diesel variants of this car, the GLS 400 d 4Matic and the GLS 350 d 4Matic, both are powered by the same 6-cylinder, 2.9-litre engine, but feature diverse states of tune. While the GLS 400d is able to produce 330 PS of power and 70 Nm of torque, the GLS 350d vehicle is known to put out 286 PS of power and 600 Nm of torque.
- The sole petrol variant of the new Mercedes GLS, the GLS 450 4Matic, is powered by a 6-cylinder and 3.0-litre unit. It is able to generate 367 PS of power and 500 Nm of torque. It is expected that the Mercedes brand would introduce its flagship SUV producing a 489 PS and 700 Nm and featuring a 4.0-litre V8 at a later stage. Both of the petrol engines would typically be coupled with a 48V mild-hybrid system that would have the capacity of providing a boost of 22 PS and 250 Nm for certain periods.
- The engines mentioned above would also be mated to a 9-speed automatic gearbox, which would also be coupled to the 4Matic four-wheel drive system of Mercedes. This engine is ideally capable of transferring 0 to 100 units of torque produced between both the axles of the car for maximum traction. When being launched in India, this new version of GLS is expected to be available in two variants, the GLS 450 4Matic and the GLS 350 d 4Matic.
- When it comes to styling, the new version of Mercedes GLS is largely based on the SUVs offered by the Mercedes-Benz brand. This new vehicle from Mercedes does not have the boxy silhouette of its predecessor. In fact, it has adopted a certain curved design with softer edges. This vehicle additionally features twin-slat grille flanked redesigned LED headlights, and has eyebrow LED DRLs as well. The bumper of this car is all new as well, while also lending it a certain muscular appeal. The rear of the new Mercedes GLS car additionally has split LED tail lamps, large rear windshield, as well as a huge bumper having twin exhausts with chrome inserts.
- Much like the GLE vehicles, the GLS vehicle has two 12.3-inch connected screens on the inside that act as an infotainment screen, as well as an instrument cluster.
To get further information about the new GLS, people can easily contact any authorized dealer of Mercedes cars operating in India.