A preschool is a place where your child learns to interact with people outside your family circle. The first school of your child should aid learning and development of skills, valuable for their growth. There are various preschools available in Pune with different approaches to education, and it can get a little confusing to choose the right one.
So, here’s a list of the top 5 pre-schools in Pune, as of 2020, for your child:
- Global Indian International School: GIIS, one of the best international schools in Pune, aims to offer a blend of the reputed Montessori approach with best practices of modern pre-school education. They focus on the development of cognitive, expressive and motor skills of each child. They simultaneously induce a sense of social responsibility, cultural awareness and environmental consciousness within the child. The teachers ensure that the students are well-versed with higher education skills so that the transition to primary school is not overwhelming for children.
- Smart Kidz: This preschool, located in Wakad, is a co-educational, English-medium school for kids. It offers a curriculum that caters to the psychology and overall development of children. They have sufficient space for each activity which is secured and hygienic. They believe in inclusivity and also offer education to kids with special needs. They offer transportation and facilities like an activity room, ball-room, splash pool, etc.
- LeapBridge Playschool: The curriculum of LeapBridge is based on Multiple Intelligence Theory. As per Mahatma Gandhi’s teachings followed by this school, the actual development of head, heart, and soul are vital for a successful education system. It adopts a practical approach and provides step-by-step support to every kid. Your kid will attain emotional, physical, and academic skills, apart from education. Prime emphasis is laid on group activities and outdoor activities, in addition to the fundamental learning of art, language, math, and nature.
- Edify International School: Founded two years ago, Edify International School offers French and German from the nursery years. It is one of the best international schools in Pune. The school gives equal importance to sports and academics by including swimming, skating, tennis, basketball, football, and more. Music, multiple dance forms, theatre/drama, and visual arts are mandatory for the child’s holistic development. The school has a daily reporting format wherein the facilitators and teachers update the parents every day about their child’s meals, school activities, and nap time.
- Vivero International Preschool: The Playschool caters to the kids’ needs as small as one and a half years up to 6 years of age. The teachers aim to offer individual attention to each child, helping them with their confidence and self-image. They emphasise life skills by including activities such as cooking, weekend recount and taking attendance. Through these activities, they instil accountability and responsibility from the beginning. It follows the Reggio Emilia Approach to education, ensuring that the children remain in constant touch with the environment.
You must look at the various principles that the preschools follow and choose the best suitable for your child.