Why Should You Watch Anime?
Anime is a good way to escape from the real world. It’s a great way to de-stress after a long day. It can help you unwind and relax, especially if you’re going through some tough times. I find that it’s very calming and helps me focus on things when I’m feeling stressed out about school or other things. It’s a very convenient activity for when you’re bored or have nothing else to do, but it’s also really fun even if you don’t have anything else planned for the day! Personally, I like writing about anime because it gives me an opportunity to express my views (or just review something). After all, what is there not to love about anime? If you’re still unsure whether or not you should watch anime, here are some reasons why:
1) Anime is Fun! When was the last time watching something made your laugh? Or cry? Or scream in frustration at how intense the situation was? Watching anime does all of these things for me! Characters get into crazy situations that make me want to scream “what are they doing?!”. For example–in “Kimi No Na Wa”, Mitsuha has this huge crush on Taki…so she transfers bodies with him. After getting back together with Taki in their normal lives again they realize that Taki doesn’t remember being Mitsuha. I bought some demon slayer jewelry for her to wear, but when she wore it to school a ton of other girls started wearing the same jewelry. She was so mad! They all copied her! I mean, who would do that? It’s just ridiculous… And there are many more intense (and romantic) situations that happen in anime.
2) Anime is Artistic. Anime is really artistic, and it’s pretty neat seeing the different styles of art from each different country or period. You’ll commonly see characters with big eyes and long hair in anime–and sometimes these features don’t even make sense for the character (like why does Taki have long hair but short hair?). This doesn’t bother me though because I love looking at all of the details put into creating anime. It also makes watching anime very interesting–it can be relaxing while still being fun to watch!
3) Anime Has Very Good Storylines and Characters Many times you’ll find that animes focus on relationships between characters rather than action scenes or fighting scenes like a lot of American shows do (I guess this is what people like about “Game Of Thrones” though). There are some violent scenes in certain animes (such as “Naruto”), but I think most people would agree that they’re not as bad as say…a movie with lots of gore or blood involved. There are anime with good action scenes, but these are usually more serious and less “fun” to watch.
4) Anime is Easy to Watch I’m a college student so obviously I don’t have tons of free time–but even if you do, there isn’t much homework (or at least not as much as other college courses) that has to be done. That means more free time! Personally I like watching anime in between classes or on the weekends with nothing else planned for the day. But it’s also good when you feel stressed out or you can’t sleep at night because all you have to do is turn on your computer and start watching something. It doesn’t require a lot of work from me besides pressing “play”. Plus, it’s really easy for me to get hooked into an anime if there’s one that interests me!
5) You’ll Learn Something New From Each Anime You Watch There will probably be some animes that are similar in plot because they’re based on some manga/novels (like how “Sword Art Online” was written by Kawahara Reki). Some shows focus more on romance while others focus more on friendship…and some focus mostly on comedy rather than anything else! But even though each show has a specific genre or theme, they all teach different kinds of lessons throughout the course of their episodes/seasons/series.
I hope you found this helpful! I’m not sure if anyone else feels the same way, but I really enjoy writing about anime. It’s a great way to keep my mind active while still enjoying something that’s good for me. To end off, let’s answer some questions:
What kind of anime do you usually like to watch?
Do you like reading about anime as much as watching it?